Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Earth Day 2018

Romans 8:19-21

Creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the children of God … in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and will obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

For Sunday School / Adult Forum on Easter 4 – Good Shepherd Sunday – we went off-lectionary because it was Earth Day 48! Our focus scripture was from Romans 8 that many times I've interpreted as when we claim the fullness of our divine nature and image, we'll steward creation more carefully and help restore, revitalize, and resurrect aspects of creation that are less than fully alive.

I'd asked everyone to bring an earth-related idea, dream, incident, or experience. For my contribution, I arranged a separate edition smaller (than my bigger) notebook portfolio with only Earth Day and Season of Creation-related design and briefly explained each piece in a show and tell presentation. You can see versions of most of them on my main theology blog: Earth Day Art and Design.

No comments: