Saturday, April 11, 2020

Holy Saturday 2020

Lamentations 3

1I am one who has seen affliction
      under the rod of God's wrath;
2he has driven and brought me
      into darkness without any light;
3against me alone he turns his hand,
      again and again, all day long.

4He has made my flesh and my skin waste away,
      and broken my bones;
5he has besieged and enveloped me
      with bitterness and tribulation;
6he has made me sit in darkness
      like the dead of long ago.

7He has walled me about so that I cannot escape;
      he has put heavy chains on me;
8though I call and cry for help,
      he shuts out my prayer;
9he has blocked my ways with hewn stones,
      he has made my paths crooked.

19The thought of my affliction and my homelessness
      is wormwood and gall!
20My soul continually thinks of it
      and is bowed down within me.
21But this I call to mind,
      and therefore I have hope:

22The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases,
      his mercies never come to an end;
23they are new every morning;
      great is your faithfulness.
24"The Lord is my portion," says my soul,
      "therefore I will hope in him."

No comments: